wsdlvalidator - validates whether a WSDL document is well-formed and schema conformed.
wsdlvalidator -s <schema-url>* -w [[-V|-verbose]|-quiet] <wsdl-url>
The wsdlvalidator validates whether a WSDL document is well-formed and schema conformed as noted by the following checks.
- Check the WSDL document for XML well-formedness.
- Validate the WSDL document against its XML schema.
- Validate the WSDL document using some of the semantic rules defined in the WSDL specification.
- Validate the WSDL document against custom validation rules, such as those defined by the Web Services Interoperability (WS-I) organization (i.e. WS-I Basic Profile rules).
- Validate the WSDL against strange exceptions, incorrectly generated code and general bad WSDL issues.
To execute the wsdlvalidator tool using Ant set the Java task's classname property to
The options used to validate WSDL file are reviewed in the following table.
|-s <schema-url>||Specifies the URL of a user specific schema to be included in the validation of the contract. This switch can appear multiple times.|
| -V,-verbose || Displays comments during the code generation process. |
| -quiet || Suppresses comments during the code generation process. |
| -w || Suppress warnings, if you want to validate logical wsdl (no service/bindings), you have to turn on this option |
| wsdl-url || The path and name of the WSDL file to use in generating the code. |
| -?,-h,-help || Displays the online help for this utility and exits. |
| -v || Displays the version number for the tool. |
You must specify the absolute or relative path to the WSDL document as the last argument.
wsdlvalidator -s http://mycompany/schemas/extension.xsd -s http://mycompany/schemas/types.xsd Greeting.wsdl
idl2wsdl, java2js, java2ws, wsdl2corba, wsdl2java, wsdl2js, wsdl2service, wsdl2soap, wsdl2xml and xsd2wsdl.