- CXF 3.2.x now requires Java 8. Support for previous versions of Java has been dropped
- Old management-web module removed
- jibx, sdo, and xmlbeans databindings removed
- "object binding" removed (coloc binding handles most of these use cases)
- JAX-RS support updated to latest 2.1 spec
- New java2swagger Maven plugin
- New WS-Transfer implementation
- Enhanced tracing support with Brave
- Support for Spring Boot 2.x
- JAX-WS - support for per-operation schema validation configuration
- New http-undertow transport
Major dependency changes:
- Jetty has been upgraded to 9.4.x. Support for Jetty 9.1 and earlier has been removed
- Woodstox has been updated to 5.0.x which is in a different group id and has a different artifactId. It's possible that you may pull in multiple versions of woodstox via other dependencies.
- Swagger 1.x (package com.wordnik) is no longer supported, please update to Swagger 2 (package io.swagger).