Apache CXF Fediz: An Open-Source Web Security Framework
Apache CXF Fediz is a subproject of CXF. Fediz helps you to secure your web applications and delegates security enforcement to the underlying application server. With Fediz, authentication is externalized from your web application to an identity provider installed as a dedicated server component. Apache CXF Fediz supports both WS-Federation Passive Requestor Profile and the SAML Web Browser SSO Profile. Fediz supports Claims Based Access Control beyond Role Based Access Control (RBAC).
December 23, 2022 - Apache CXF Fediz 1.6.1 released
Apache CXF Fediz 1.6.1 is released. This is a bugfix release containing upgrades to CXF 3.5.5, amongst other dependency upgrades. See the download page for more information.
February 12, 2022 - Apache CXF Fediz 1.6.0 released
Apache CXF Fediz 1.6.0 is released. This is a new major release containing upgrades to CXF 3.5.x and Spring 5, amongst others. See the download page for more information.
November 30, 2020 - Apache CXF Fediz 1.5.1 released
Apache CXF Fediz 1.5.1 is released. See the download page for more information.
June 23, 2020 - Apache CXF Fediz 1.5.0 released
Apache CXF Fediz 1.5.0 is released. This is a major new release with the following issues fixed: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313420&version=12336848
The main changes are:
- The IdP is updated to use Spring Security 4.
- Support is added for Jetty 9.4 + Tomcat 9 plugins
- A fix for issues that prevented the Tomcat plugin working from versions 8.5.50 and 9.0.30
- The Tomcat 7, Jetty 8, Spring Security 2 + 3 plugins are removed.
See the download page for more information.
The Apache CXF Fediz sources are hosted at Apache gitbox. This includes a full two way sync with github. As github provides the nicer user interface we now recommend to directly work on the github cxf repo.
CXF committers can directly commit to github after doing the Apache gitbox setup. Be aware that the sync might take half an hour before you are added to the CXF github group.
- Forking and Pull Requests: See Getting Involved
- Building the Source: Follow the BUILDING.txt file in the Fediz download for full build instructions.
- Eclipse: See this page for information on using the Eclipse IDE with the Fediz source code. This page is created for CXF but the same commands are applicable for Fediz too.
Apache CXF Fediz user guide